Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DIGGING FOR BONES ON FACEBOOK


One of the tools I am using to compile a history of Franklin County and Group 12 is Facebook. Just this weekend, I was able to make contact with and become online friends with Rob Gerardi. Rob was the PAO or Public Affairs Officer back in the early 70's. I hope to tap his memories and maybe see if he has any other photos or information. I have been trying to locate as many of the old squadron as I can on Facebook. However, a lot of people have very common names or they put no photo and very little info on their page. Many of them do not visit their page regularly. Of course, many people just aren't on FB or MySpace. One old member I have been trying to get hold of, Kelley Wright, had a page on MySpace that had not been updated in over two years and much of it had been taken down. Hopefully, I will slowly but surely get in contact with a lot of these past members. Like I said earlier, I am going to try and get a scanner this weekend but until then I am going to try and post some pictures from CAP's early history. Most of these are out of the photo gallery of the CAP Online Museum at http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/. Hope you like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment